Set in a rural location within a mile of the market town of Rhayader, Fron Cottage, was formerly two mill workers dwellings next to a carding mill. Now it has been sensitively refurbished so you can relax in a house that is comfortable and modern but with many original features from its past life.
If spending too much time relaxing isn’t your thing, then you can head out on your bike or put on your walking boots and spend every day outdoors in some of the most amazing countryside Wales has to offer.
Fron Cottage is close to the Elan Valley and within a mile of the market town of Rhayader, the cottage is approached down a short track which is just off the Aberystwyth Mountain Road noted for its beautiful scenery. Every window looks out onto a rural scene, especially in the Sun Room which has spectacular evening views of the sun setting behind the hills of the Cambrian Mountains.
On the first floor you will find 3 Bedrooms:
- 1 twin zip-and-link (which can be made into king-size on request) with en-suite shower and WC,
- I double with en-suite shower and WC
- 1 king size-zip-and-link (which can be made into twins on request) with en-suite WC. This bedroom is accessed by separate stairs.
On the ground floor there is plenty of room for you all to find your own space:
- In the Sitting Room you can ‘cwtch’ by the wood burner on a chilly night or sit and watch TV.
- There’s also, tucked away, a spacious Wet Room with basin and toilet. Next to it, you have internal access to the biomass boiler room – ideal for drying coats if the weather hasn’t been on your side.
- The Dining Room, originally the main room in the house before renovation, has much of the original panel work and the range which was used for both heat and cooking but times have changed and now its a lovely space to enjoy a meal.
- The Kitchen is well equipped with an electric oven and induction hob, microwave, dishwasher, fridge/freezer and washer/dryer.
- and lastly a room which we think you’ll enjoying being in. The Sun Room is really light, airy and opens out on the enclosed patio. It where most guests say they spend they time. It’s a birdwatchers paradise because there is so much to see from the large windows
Step outside and you will find an enclosed area with patio furniture and BBQ and a garden which goes down to a stream. Tucked in behind the Sun Room there also is a secluded area with table and chairs which catches the morning sun, ideal for an early cuppa.
The cottage has ample private parking with plenty of turning space.
We provide bed linen, towels, and tea towels as well as the essentials in the kitchen and a few treats for you on arrival.
Electric, underfloor heating and WiFi are also included, together with a basket of logs and kindling for the wood burner.
We welcome 1 well-behaved dog, as the area offers excellent walking opportunities with or without a canine friend. We can be persuaded to take an additional dog if you can guarantee that they will get on with each other. We add a small additional charge for each dog. There is open access to the stream from the garden, something you may want to consider if coming with young children.
Rhayader has a good range of independent shops with a butcher, greengrocer, and deli where you can get fresh bread. There are several pubs and places to eat and all are within walking distance. If you don’t fancy walking home then the local taxi will help you get back home!
We prefer to changeover on Friday and take bookings for short breaks, especially way from the peak holiday periods. Prices range from £538 – £1230 with short breaks ranging from 90% for 4 nights and 80% for 3 nights.
Our cottage bookings are managed by holidaycottages.co.uk where is is known as March Melin. If you prefer, you can contact us directly about booking the cottage, our number is +44 (0) 7870 53719 or email firstname.lastname@example.org